[CF-Devel] Adding improvments

Fri Jul 25 14:01:58 CDT 2003

     In fact i thought about using the actual one since >there is already a 'type'

     parameter followed by the data itself.

I don't like recycling old commands for new stuff; it tends to make things more difficult to track down, and renders backward compatibility messier to maintain. But I'm not a reference in programming either :)

     Could you think about sending your

     actual stage of work so i could take a look at it and make suggestion/changes

Yes. Keep in mind that my WE is already busy, and that my top priority is restoring my system from its HD crash.

     (is there a way to identify the type of book the user >is reading so we could

     change the pages pictures, ...?)

I tweaked the code somewhat so it distinguishes the books according two factors:

- The book type itself (spellbook, skill scroll, standard book);
- The book cover (ie the picture used).

     And once again, no backups (neither back cups) :)

I do have regular backups for most of my data, and luckily the server-side code wasn't damaged. But it is currently somewhere in one of the hard disks lying on my desktop, waiting for the machine to be rebuilt.

     interresting about smooth moves (want to take a look)

No working code yet - just the theory needed to implement it. If I get enough time this WE, I'll post a summary here so we can discuss about this.

      Am out of work?

     There are plenty of other things that can be done - Maps to make, bugs to hunt, and some little things to implement, like intelligent NPCs, mass-strategy of computer opponents, better random map generator, raw material digging, repairing the logger, updating the animator, tax perception for the King of Scorn, ...

(Just what I can currently remind, probably much more stuff left)

     So i think i'll buy a microphone a squeak a bit. This should makes better sounds than the actual ones.

Too easy, isn't it :)

     I really would like a copy of your server/SDL client so i could work on it too  (Want to check the skinnable part, or do it if it's not yet done).

As I said, first let me recover my machine back on line (I'm forced to type this from a Win2k box !).

      By the way, for saturday, <snip>

This is no place for personnal communication. Quite impolite for other people.

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com