[CF-Devel] Stats adjudication

Mon Jul 28 08:37:36 CDT 2003

      What do you, people, think?

     <snip>

I don't like the idea of a difference of at most 5 points between the highest and the lowest stat - Unbalanced characters are much funnier to play.

Here's my own suggestion:

Give the player 100 PC to make the character. Each stat starts with a score of 1.

To increase the score of a stat by 1, you have to spend:

- 1 PC, if the new stat level is between 1 and the maximum racial value/2;
- 2 PCs, if the new stat level is between MRV/2 and MRV*3/4;
- 3 PCs, if the new stat level is between MRV*3/4 and MRV.

Note that giving 100PCs is just an idea - this could be fine-tuned, maybe as a server option.

Whatever, if I play a human (MRV=20 for everything), I can make a decent warrior with:
S:16, Co:15, D:15, I:10, P:13, W:8, Ch:10

Or a more wizard-like one:
S:7, Co:10, D:10, I:17, P:16, W:15, Ch:10

Remaining points could for example be converted in money.

Comments ?

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com