[CF-Devel] Stats adjudication

Tue Jul 29 00:08:09 CDT 2003

You make HARDER sound like a bad thing...  Stats are almost a joke right
now - you can expect to have at least a couple *very* high stats to start
and it does not take long to raise them.  Where does this leave stuff like
stat increasing magic? Potions?  Make the stats way lower and you make all
the stat raising spells and potions, rings and stuff more valuable.  There
may be a trend in that the game is getting harder to play lately (more XP
required, item power requirements, less money lying around) but IMHO these
are *good* things because there were serious problems before.  Games are
about challange, it would be really easy to make a game where if you pressed
the enter key a screen came up saying "You Win!".  If it takes a lot longer
to build up your stats, then I bet you'll have more fun doing it...

      If you notice, in your way every newer character will be HARDER to play

      than the actual ones. In my way they're alike the actual ones, but you

      save up all the weird time rolling the stats ;P

      > - 1 PC, if the new stat level is between 1 and the maximum racial

     value/2;

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com