[CF-Devel] Server crash in the arena

Mon Jun 9 09:47:06 CDT 2003

On Mon, Jun 09, 2003 at 11:39:52AM -0300, Karla Stenger wrote:
[snip]

      2nd) When we re logged in (again fighting in the arena) the nursery

      turned into a 1x1 black square so every fallen foe went in there and

      couldnt get out except for a portal or word of recall.

      I'm not sure about the first point that i think was the cause of the

      crash (but is sanctuary supposed to kill?)

Sanctuary is basically counterspell, and I know some monsters get hurt by
counterspell (e.g. pixies). No idea what effect it has on players, though.

      We also realized that the problem with bonecrushers names was back (maybe

      because of the crash?)

     [snip]

To which I might add, not long after the problem with bonecrushers, other
arches started to become corrupted (hats became "/pupland/terminal",
etc.), the dragon transport to pupland became closed (probably because the
slaying field got corrupted). The problems started to get worse, until I
forced a server crash so that it would reset itself. It looks like a
dangling pointer bug, to me.

If lightning were to ever strike an orchestra, it'd always hit the conductor.

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com