[CF-Devel] more proposals

Sat Jun 14 19:47:50 CDT 2003

     I could be misunderstanding something here, but..

     Until we find a way to hinder or prevent people from leaving piles of

     coins in their apartments, I don't see how or why people would want to use

     the bank.  The idea of a "credit card" or "check" system that would

     automatically withdraw/deposit currency (so you don't have to carry it

     around all the coins or gems) into your bank account has been dismissed

     because it doesn't fit into the genra of the game.

     - Rick

     Think of banking as a money exchange and transfer service then.  The
primary idea is to allow people to convert to a higher denomination for
a fee.  I also thought of the idea of selling  promisary notes, since I
am not sure if player can carry around stuff like 500000 diamonds or the
equilivant.  In this case you could buy a guild or a castle (still on
the back burners) for an obcene amount only by using the bank (We'll
happily provide a note for a mere 11% surcharge today sir...)  Not quite
credit cards but very appropriate banking functions for the time period
we are portraying (ok they didn't have dragons, but the Romans had
slotmachines I think...).

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com