[CF-Devel] Large forest. Was: more proposals

Mon Jun 23 03:50:57 CDT 2003

 --- Todd <

     temitchell at sympatico.ca

     > wrote:

      You might want to update your copy of the maps - there were some large

      scale changes in the areas near and around this change - specifically

I'll have to see if I can get to the CVS through one of the various
firewalls I have to deal with.

      I don't suggest just a per map figure, I suggested storing the map

      average in the map header then determining the elevation of each tile by

      the arch when creating the elevation/humidity map.  You would still end

      up with a value for each tile. but you would not have to maintain the

The general problem I was talking about was not just elevation information,
but any per tile information that may be added in future versions of the
server.  I gave local mana and grace as examples that your method would not
help with.  I actually see no problem with your method for elevation, I was
just pointing out that it won't work for the general problem of new per
tile info.

On the other hand, I currently have no ideas of my own for solving that
particular general problem, and for all I know, there is nothing coming in
the next few versions that would require it.  It would be nice to have
Lythander be a big influence in my forest though B-).

     http://mobile.yahoo.com.au

      - Yahoo! Mobile

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com