[CF-Devel] New Arch awall_w_A.base.11x.png

Sat Mar 1 02:58:28 CST 2003

At 07:21 AM 2/25/03, you wrote:

     As you have already noticed, some weak walls are real messy.

     Those are still leftovers from the scale-up-png-conversion.

     The only weak walls that have been redrawn nicely

     are the castle walls and horizontal part for white walls.

     You have added your weak_wall_A without replacing the

     ugly original (weak_wall_2), is that intention?

     I'd suggest to replace the original because it's real ugly and

     only your new version fits with the wall style.

     Your drawings are fine.

     Only suggestions:

     The "straight lines" as you described it are really a bit irritating.

     You could reduce the pielup to fit in the image without extending

     to the left-/right borders. When you're at it, why not use the

     gap "in front" of the wall to add some dirt there too? That would

     make it look more spatial and less flat.

     You could try showing the thickness of the wall by drawing

     two cracklines with a marginal offset on the right side.

     If you don't know what I mean, look at "cwall_w_1.119" and "wwall_w_1.117".

     AndreasV

Ok, suggestions taken...

Here is a rework of the images... And, I've changed the names
to replace the "ugly original weak_wall_2".  I just supposed
that maybe it would not be kosher to suggest deleting someone
else's image without knowing for sure that the wall style was
intentional or not, though I agree that they don't belong in
the awall directory since they don't match.

I think you'll find these files to be vastly superior to the
first attempt.  I've eliminated the dirt pile straight lines,
improved the animation sequence, added thickness to the wall,
and did what you suggested regarding putting dirt "in front"
of the wall as it is broken.

This type of editing takes longer than one might think... at
least for a greenhorn.

Kevin R. Bulgrien