[CF-Devel] Problem in displaying and refreshing of buildings

Tue Mar 18 23:35:57 CST 2003

     huet.o at free.fr

      wrote:

      Hello,

      I used the default compile options (and default config.h/config files). The map

      file are from the 1.5.0 bigworld tarballs.

      I had "default" client options : Fog of war, Darkness Code, and Best Per Pixel

      Lightning, but I've just tested while disabling some options, and with the X11

      Client too : It's the same.

      I've tried with some of my players : with /wo Xray, with /wo dark vision, with/

      wo Glowing : it looks that it's the same.

      I've just made another test : The 1.5.0 client with the 1.4.0 Server, and it

      works very well.

      --> So it's probably a server issue (?)

      I've tried to use small maps too, and it's the same with them.

      BUT I've noticed I forgot to say it on the previous mail : it appear only on

      undiscovered lands. When I go on an invalid square (to "see" it) and go away,

      when returning on this "screen", It appear correctly.

  I can't explain it.  Is your server available someplace to test against?  If
you connect to metalforge (if possible), does the display work right there?

  The fact that changing the server fixes the problem suggests something in the
server is the problem.    It could be something peculiar to your server, eg, how
memory is initialzed or cleared or something.

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com