[CF-Devel] attacktype proposal

Wed Mar 19 22:53:47 CST 2003

As the resistances have been changed from simple bits to
integer values , it seems natural to me to change the
attacktypes to integers also.

Then we could have a weapon like this:

damage: pysical : 12, fire : 8, poison : 15, paralyse 20

If you have more strength, then only the physical damage would rise.
Maybe weaponmagic too.
The number for slow would indicate about the probability of a
successful paralyzation, depending an the enemy's level and resistance.
It could also influence the duration of the effect.

If you are Rugilli follower he might increase the fire damage.

Others could use "Improve fire damage" scolls on enchanted weapons.
If they need more fire damage.

Else they have to look for a better weapon....

With this is would not only be important what attacktypes a weapon
has, but how strong these are.

The weapons would be a lot more different / interesting.

Negative:
I am sure it would be a LOT of work to change the damage routine,
adjust existing weapons, maps , archetypes etc.

Bernd Edler

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com