[CF-Devel] Spell object idea.

Tue Mar 11 02:18:35 CST 2003

Tim Rightnour wrote:

      On 10-Mar-03 Mark Wedel wrote:

     TBD:

     bdur (base duration), ldam (level adjustment for damage), ldur (level

     adjustment for duration): These need to get put into some field -

     I'm undecided if it makes more sense to add new fields (instead of

     overloading existing ones).

      You yourself said we aren't supposed to overload anymore..  :)  I don't think

      any of the current fields available make sense for these anyhow.

  Yeah, I agree.  I was just trying to think if there was anything else I'm
missing that would need to add.

     The defensive, range, and onself can largely be derived from the

     subtype above.  if subtype is protection or healing, it'd be

     self.  A cone, bolt, or ball would be range.

      What if I want to make a cone of healing?  What about area effect protection

      spells?

  Probably the best way is to support negative damage values.

  Eg, bolt of healing, subtype bolt, damage = -10, attacktype godpower, etc.
Code would need to be modified to properly deal with negative damage values -
proably just easiest to do something like have hit_map or one of those fucntions
check for negative damage values, and if so, call different routine.  Arguably,
attacktype for healing spells could just be ignored, in which case you don't
even need an attacktype.

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com