[CF-Devel] Spell object idea.

Tue Mar 11 05:32:37 CST 2003

What you proposed about spell objects sounds quite good.

One question that came to my mind though is what are you going
to do about the magical attacktype component for spells?

You sure know that spells used to add a magic component to the
effect's attacktypes, which makes magic resistance work against spells.
AFAIK, only prayers and monster's abilities were non-magic.

I'm sure it is possible to realize this with the new spell-object code,
but you didn't adress it in your first description.

Somewhat related to that, the ability object type will need special
treatment because of it's extra functionality as long-/short-range
spells, and "use-frequency-factor".

AndreasV

--
+++ GMX - Mail, Messaging & more