[CF-Devel] client-server confusion

Thu Mar 20 01:13:44 CST 2003

Preston Crow wrote:

     There are still a few cases where something is created on the same square

     as the player, and it shows up in the "you see" window, but if you hit 'A'

     to apply it, it acts like it isn't there.  The one case I'm still aware of

     is with town portals, but I think I'm forgetting another.

      I've fixed the problem with town portal - problem is that its difficult to

     find all those cases, so as people report the problem, its no too hard to fix.

      Here's another case: When you're standing on top of a chest and it is

      destroyed by fire (or by paralysis, poison cloud, or such--until that bug

      is fixed), the objects underneath you aren't treated correctly.

  This problem unfortunately isn't so easy to fix.  Since the thing resulting in
objects being placed on the space (destruction of a container) is unrelated to a
player being on the space, there is no way to know  if there is in fact a player
on that space except by looking at all the objects.  The code that destroys the
object has no idea this may be the case, so can't pass the right value into
insert_ob_in_map to say insert below the player.

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com