[CF-Devel] problem with darkness pt.2

Thu Mar 20 20:27:20 CST 2003

With switching to "per tile lighting" i got rid of
these lighting artifacts.

But the spell residues remain, with and without
fog of war.

They will appear exactly when i use spells that produce light,
in squares that are completely dark.

As you can see in the png the residue of the firebolt is exactly
2 tiles long. It appeared in the 2 spaces of complete darkness.

While the spell is "running" , i can see the bolt even in the
dark tiles, because it produces light by itself.

When the effect ends, the tiles become dark again. (of course)

When i walk towards these tiles so that they are within my
visual range again, i will have these residues there.

Thus it looks to me as if this happens like that:
"This space is now dark"
"The spell effect is gone"
 -> I won't tell the client, he can't see that, because it is dark there.
"This space is visible again" (because player moved)
"You don't need any update information, this space still looks the same
as it did before you moved"

Bernd Edler