[CF-Devel] Problem in displaying and refreshing of buildings

Mon Mar 24 01:16:32 CST 2003

     huet.o at free.fr

      wrote:

      I've tried with metalforge too (the other day it was on a server that appear on

      the "metaservers" list, but not metalforge), and it work very well with it.

      Yes it's very strange, but I didn't noticed before : it's not the only

      displaying bug : it's the same with some "one square" spells :

      Some displaying are quite buggy now : firebolt, frostbolt, small/large

      lightning, ball lighting, comet, bullets etc.

      And For "create food" too : I create a food, don't see it, and then, turn on all

      adjacent squares : don't see it, and after, when I go on the exact square of the

      food, it appear.

      And with the 1.4.0 release of the server, it work perfectly. Has been a lot of

      server issue on the displaying between 1.4.0 and 1.5.0/last cvs ?

  No, not really.  Note that metalforge is latest CVS - if it is native to all
server code, you should see the problem when you play there.

  So that would suggest it is something peculiar to your server/system.  It
wouldn't seem like that should be the case, but who knows - an obscure bug that
for some reason shows up in 1.5 but not 1.4.

      It's perhaps not the code but the pictures or maps ??? but why could it makes

      problems on the server code ?

  Could be.  You coudl probably try the 1.4 pictures or maps - I don't think
anything really changed that should result in those not working with 1.5.

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com