[CF-Devel] bug in some libc 64 bit parsing

Tue Mar 18 23:31:44 CST 2003

     huet.o at free.fr

      wrote:

      Hello,

      Yes this release of Linux Mandrake (Redhat derived) 6.0 is quite old, and had

      some other problems : so it's possible that there are few people that already

      have it at this time.

      But this is perhaps not the only OS that have this problem : it's perhaps this

      release of glibc (2.1.1) on x86 ?? (does anyone have this release ?)

      I was the first surprised with this bug, and for my own, on this computer, I

      will perhaps change atoll at system wide .h files.

  The other worry is that if the system does not support 64 bit in all the
places that it should, there could be other issues.  Eg, if %lld ends up not
working right and stripping the value to 32 bit, you get issues there, etc.  I'm
not saying that is necessary the case - I'm just saying that it could be
difficult to know for sure if everything works as it should - one could think
that if one area is broken, there could be others.

      I understand very well your problem : and it's perhaps better to see if someone

      else have the same problem. If someone ask why he have the message "Experience

      for level 112 is lower than previous level (1988232704 <= 3141600000)" at server

      start, it's that problem.

  Note that there is a pretty simple workaround to this problem - just set
maxlevel to 110 in the exp table file, and comment out the last five levels.
Perhaps not ideal, but I'm pretty sure if you do that, everything should work as
expected.

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com