[CF-Devel] Patch: New NEWPickup categories

Mark Wedel mwedel at sonic.net
Sun Mar 30 17:05:34 CST 2003

David Hurst wrote:

     I have made a patch to add the spellbook, skillscroll and other

     book/scroll categories to the NEWPickup menu. I have done some quick

     testing on my own server and it seems to work. It should probably be

     tested/reviewed a little more thoroughly though. Also I am not sure

     wether this functionality is wanted at all, so that should probably be

       discussed.

       Assuming it works, this seems reasonable.. although might I suggest

       some cascading menu within pickup? Then as needs be any specific

       combination could be added without a great deal of loss to the overall

       interface IMHO

  Perhaps. I'm not sure if its really hit that point - certainly, there are many
options, but I'm not sure the additional of these readable things is it.
Arguably, a tab for all the armor types probably makes more sense.

  To some extent, the selections can be sort of arbitray.  Other readable
includes spell scrolls as well as other misc readables.  but we have unique
categories for spellbooks and skillscrolls.

  But as long as it works out, thats OK.  What does need to get done at some
point is for the client to pick up the pickupmode when a player logs in - as it
is now, you basically lose all the old modes if you log in and click on one of
the new points.

  I don't see any problem with the code, just glancing over it - its all pretty
straight forward.