[CF-Devel] duplicate constants?

Thu May 8 00:42:11 CDT 2003

H. S. Teoh wrote:

      On Wed, May 07, 2003 at 03:39:52PM -0400,

      sszretter at hotmail.com

       wrote:

     Question about the stats command --  I am coding a new client in java, and I

     looked at newclient.h in the 1.50 code for the server, and have some

     confusion :

     For example:

     #define CS_STAT_RESIST_START 100

     #define CS_STAT_RES_PHYS 100

     #define CS_STAT_RESIST_END 117

     #define CS_STAT_RES_BLIND 117

     #define CS_STAT_SKILLEXP_END 129

     #define CS_STAT_SKILLEXP_WILEVEL 129

     Is this a mistake that these are the same numbers?

      Mark can correct me if I'm wrong, but this just looks like the *_START

      and *_END constants are merely for delimiting constants into blocks. So

      resistances are between 100 and 117 as a block, and within this block, the

      first is resist physical (RES_PHYS) and the last is resist blind

      (RES_BLIND).

      No mistake here AFAICT.

  That summary is correct.  Nothing wrong with having different names defined to
the same value.

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com