[CF-Devel] Re: CVS commit: arch/monster/elemental

Thu May 8 14:29:50 CDT 2003

      Oops, missed that.  I had only set these in the races file.  This is

      interesting, I assumed that these were ok because they were reset to the

      proper elemental race by the races file during server load.

Sorry for causing confusion. I didn't really think about the races file.
Probably it worked okay before, I just wanted to correct the arch entry.

I'm not really competent with the races file, but wouldn't it always be
better to set a correct arch entry vs. use the races file to "overrite"
things?
Guess I don't fully understand the point of the races file.

      The earth witch is supposed to throw rocks (and

      sometimes somehting else), but I could never get that to work

      even though I copied the ability from the giants.

I'm not sure. With the new body location code, the earth witch might
require a "body_skill 1" attribute. Giants have it.

A question related to that: Are the "can_use_xxx" flags still required
actually?
Some of them seem to have been replaced by "body_xxx" flags,
at least logically.

AndreasV

--
+++ GMX - Mail, Messaging & more