AW: [CF-Devel] code question

Tue May 13 06:18:38 CDT 2003

I missed that it was triggered by client command, so i never
saw it doing anything.

The idea isn't that bad - but i see only real usage for
hit messages. For other messages we should not generate
any floads or/and this should not packed to "x times" - or?

The message packing should only work for messages generated
in the same round? So, its useful for older times where we
have this massive hit messages per round.

Any other usage i missed?

      Michael Toennies wrote:

      > in socket/info.c are these 2 functions.

      > What is their usage? I don't understand them in the context

      > of the other functions of info.c.

        Those functions take care of the things like '5 times you hit

      orc' instead of

      seeing 'you hit orc' on 5 lines.

      This code was probably be useful back in the days when the x11

      display code was

      in the server.  In current time, the client could take care of

      reducing the

      output messages/combining them together and what not.  on the

      counter side, by

      the server doing this, it does save some bandwidth.

      crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com