[CF-Devel] RE: new red dragon image

Thu May 22 09:51:22 CDT 2003

Tim Rightnour wrote:

      That most decidedly, does not suck. The edges seem

      a little sharp, but its the best dragon I've seen yet

      for crossfire.

Thanks. I'm happy that you like it so much. :-)

      I'd be curious what it looks like in different colors..

      perhaps we can finally have a color set of dragons in

      crossfire, like nethack and D&D. [...]

Yes, we can convert it to different colors, but I would
advise no to over-use the image. The red dragon alone is
quite a popular monster which appears in many places.

While I understand the fascination of dragon-sets,
we should also consider that Crossfire already has a
quite unique line of dragons:
Fire (= red), cold (=chinese), elec (= blue), wyverns,
chaos wyverns, ancient dragons etc.
Admittedly, our dragon line might not be perfectly
intuitive or complete, but I still like it somehow.

I think it would be cool to add arches and images for
anchient dragons. Ancient dragons became a well-known
part of the CF world, so they really deserve to have an
arch IMO. Especially because they fit very well in our
system: The normal dragons are often too weak for
players in the high-end ranges.

So, I've tried to modify the red dragon slightly
and create an ancient dragon. It still looks very much
alike, but the ancient version has a darker red and
more claws. I've updated the page:

     http://mids.student.utwente.nl/~avogl/crossfire/red_dragon/

      Would it scale down well for a baby?

I've tried it. The size is a problem because the 96x64
doesn't fit well into 64x32. Apart from that, the dragon
looks quite adultish.

AndreasV

--
+++ GMX - Mail, Messaging & more