[CF-Devel] quest exp rewards (RE: monsters, ...)

Fri May 23 10:38:23 CDT 2003

On 23-May-03 H. S. Teoh wrote:

      Once per map reset is not good. We should make the experience donator

      object by extending the marker object so that players can only get that

      exp once. I.e., player steps on object, gets marked, as well as get exp

      donated. This prevents problems with camping, or quest hogging. Or if that

      is too harsh, set the marker to expire at a large time interval, say a few

      (real) days or a week.

If I were to implement this, I would probably make an in-memory list of the
last 50-100 players to recieve the exp, per object.  New players would be added
to the bottom and the top player popped off.  If the game reboots, everyone can
try again.

Only problem is.. it might encourage intentional crashing.

---
Tim Rightnour <

     root at garbled.net

NetBSD: Free multi-architecture OS