[CF-Devel] RE: cfclient issues

Sun May 25 14:45:25 CDT 2003

I want to get back to some of the map display errors I've
been talking about before.

First there is the problem about tiles getting messed up
with stipple patters from the fog-of-war. This happens to
me always when I used cfclient. I made screenshots of the
effect now, available at:

     http://home.in.tum.de/~vogl/crossfire/errors/stipples.html

The problem does not appear when running the client both
with fogofwar and darkness disabled.
Note that the number of corruped images is changing while
I play. Some get back to normal after a while, new ones
get corrupted...

The second issue I want to adress is the problem of "frozen"
images which stay in view while the real object is gone.
After a series of testing I have noticed that this problem
occurs drastically often when fog-of-war is disabled, while it's
almost gone when fog-of-war is enabled.
This leads me to the impression there might be a fundamental
error in the way fogofwar is disabled in the client.

It is easy to reproduce: Run cfclient with "-nofogofwar",
walk up to a large multipart monster so that you see only
the first line of tiles. Then move forward and backward
while the monster is moving sidewards. Works best in scorn
zoo where the monsters are bound to stay behind fences.
Screenshots and a description how to do this can be seen at:

     http://home.in.tum.de/~vogl/crossfire/errors/messup.html

The fact that this problem does not appear with enabled
fogofwar is remarkable.

AndreasV

--
+++ GMX - Mail, Messaging & more