[CF-Devel] RE: new red dragon image

Sun May 25 17:34:24 CDT 2003

Andreas Vogl wrote:

      I mean for example, they should fill a gap in the monster

      families, have a unique set of attributes/abilities,

      maybe have their own treasurelist, etc.

      Another option may be that they come along with a set of

      new maps.

  I was about to comment - it is easy enough to old a whole bunch of new
monsters, but it doesn't really do a lot of good unless they are used for something.

  At some level, random maps can use the new monsters, but that is probably only
a subset of the 'interesting' maps that people will visit.

  That said, I think there is lots of room to fill gaps in monster families.
The counter to the poor graphic is that images that are used tend to be more
likely to get fixed up by someone, compared to images that are not used (of if a
new image is being made, I'd tend to guess that people would be reluctant to
make images that may not be used for anything).

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com