[CF-Devel] unipart monsters

Fri May 30 00:00:39 CDT 2003

Well, as this screenshot shows,  the java editor seems to have no
problem with large images. There is working windows port of the
GCFClient so the DX client can finally be laid to rest (in the DX client
- large creatures don't show up properly on the map window, but they do
run around the interface border and in the 'look below window' - is
funny).  It certainly is a heck of a lot faster testing graphics and
animations with large images.   So...I propose a state of intention that
large images are going to be phased in - not a time line or anything,
there are still things to work out obviously, but an intent that this is
going to happen and that any new clients or top secret 'special advanced
DM live builder' clients* or what not being developed should be prepared
to use them.  I am not sure all what is involved in moving to unipart
monsters as the standard, but I can only imagine that it would make
things somewhat easier in the server code as well (no?).  It does look
pretty friggin cool at times as well, especially when the overlap is
working as expected. The monsters have more presence - seem larger
somehow when they can overlap the wall or water in the tile above them.
I am not so sure about the horizontal overlap thing, but the vertical is
way nice.

Anyway I didn't see anything about this in the TODO.  Actually maybe
posting up the TODO and going over it to re-evaluate what's new, what's
near, whats not even on the map and what is probably not going to happen
might be fun.

(note these dragons in the picture are test creatures - not new additions)

*there is no such thing - really.