[CF-Devel] unipart monsters

Sat May 31 13:09:53 CDT 2003

     The behemoth is not from me, I have no idea where it comes from.

     All other images I've drawn are 100% originals, with a possible

     exception of the medium demon which is based on a model of

     unknown origin.

The behemoth is from Titan - an Avalon Hill boardgame of great joy and
renown.
You may actually be particuarily interested in a java version of the
game called Colossus
(

     http://colossus.sourceforge.net

     ) which is my second favorite opensource
java application....

     All that being said, you may call me picky for pointing out

     that your dragon was ripped. However, Ultima Online is a game

     which is still selling, and there is a big active company behind it.

Actually I dont' mind - really.  I was glad to know where the image was
taken from.  Explains why the size and perspective is so close.  I was
not going to use this image as initially mentioned, but I did use it to
make an outline of the image for the shadowdragon arch and was hoping to
use that.  The profile and the wings were tempted me into a tracing
experiment.
I my reply was more interested in some actual feedback on what
constituted good taste in the game as opposed to legal obligation.
I supose the roundabout way I was making this point could be considered
defensive, but I was trying to say I am acting in good faith, not trying
to sneak in a hot dragon picture.

     I really didn't mean to criticise your drawing skills or

     motives. You've drawn a ton of images, and most if them are great.

     I love the player animations for example.

     Please don't feel discouraged. Keep up the good work.

Actually I didn't point out those specific animations because you did
them (I didn't look up the creators actually), but because they were
suspect.  This is probably the best argument of all - if it looks like
it came from somewhere else it probably did - even if it is totally ok
rights wise - it don't really fit in.
I gratefully notice you didn't mention anything about giant rodents
either... I do know of which you speak.

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com