[CF-Devel] Large forest in big world.

crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com
Sat Nov 1 09:00:56 CST 2003

Le Vendredi 31 Octobre 2003 09:06, Mark Wedel a écrit :

      David Seikel wrote:

      > Do we have a method for parts of the big world to be more or less

      > allocated to map developers?  For instance, the guy that added the ring

      > mountain would probably get upset if someone added an easy route through

      > them.  I would like to grab the north end of the large forest, south of

      > the road from Scorn to Navar, and develop it further.  The south end is

      > for those that mentioned they would like to develop things in a large

      > forest.

        Only real method is to post what your intention is and see if anyone

      screams.

        Having someone own a portion of the map is problematic - hard to know if

      they are still active, etc.  and plus as a collaborative effort, someone

      owning some piece isn't really right.

I'll add this: the most easy way it to add you nick / name / email  and a
small message to the infos on the maps your are handling. This would warn
other people about your current  and future intentions on the map and IMO is
the easiest way (every serious mapmaker check the mapinfo before doing some
modifications in it and, as mwedel said, it's collaborative work). Also
having your email in mapinfo helps bug reporting from players.

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com