[CF-Devel] Re: onefang bug fixes

crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com
Tue Nov 4 21:51:13 CST 2003

David Seikel wrote:

      On Wed, 15 Oct 2003 07:15 pm, Andreas Vogl wrote:

     The whole "Club of Night mark" thing is not going to

     work. You are handing immunities to the player and

     expect him to walk out over your inv_checkers nicely and

     give it all back. There are hundreds of ways how players

     can get out of your disco room without loosing the mark,

     the most obvious is dying.

      The immunities were to stop the patrons from dying due to the lighting effects

      being produced by things like lightning spells.  I have not wrapped my head

      around the new spell code yet, but there could be a way to make lighting

      effects not dangerous.  That would make the immunities no longer required.

      There are disadvantages when wearing the "Club of Night" mark, they will

      remain B-).

  Haven't looked at the map, but with the new spell code, it should be very easy
to make spell effects that aren't dangerous.

  I'm not 100% sure what will happen if the dam for a spell is listed at 0.
There may be code in place which says always do at least 1 point of damage - I
haven't double checked that.

  But the attacktype could also be changed (make the attacktype turn_undead for
example, and it would be mostly harmless (wraiths and followers of that one god
may have issues).

      As for Power Dragonmail anvils requiring money, no one mentioned that they

      have to require money.  If that is the case, then that should be in the arch,

      or at least mentioned in the docs.  I note that all other Power Dragonmail

      anvils already in the maps also don't require money.  You have to kill a lot

      of dragons to get 60 dragon scales, and dragons aren't easy to kill.  On the

      other hand, if you are capable of killing that many dragons, you probably

      don't need Power Dragon Mail.

  Difficulty on that was greatly reduced when dragon scales also show up on
wyverns and some other less powerful dragons.

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com