[CF-Devel] Java editor and image creation.

crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com
Wed Nov 5 05:08:23 CST 2003

Mark wrote:

      And also keep in mind the complication this may add - do you now need

      to write (or incorporate) in an image manipulation library to do that in

      the editor? Will that create any new dependencies in the editor?

I hope this won't be neccessary. The editor already has a small library for
creation of pngs, obviously. Resizing images is supported by the native
java.awt.Image class ("getScaledInstance").
The image proccessing methods aren't exactly brilliant, but should
be plenty good enough for downsizing. I tried it once and the result looked
fine.

The main work for improved tiled image generation will probably lie in the
logic which must be added to handle this stuff.
Basically a new map loading method should be written which doesn't
actually open a map but rather loads it in the background, creates the image
and closes again.
Would be nice if it doesn't create a huge code overhead, but OTOH, since
this code won't be used in normal editing mode, it's not much of a concern.

AndreasV

Jetzt kostenlos anmelden unter

     http://www.gmx.net

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com