[CF-Devel] Large forest in big world.

crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com
Wed Nov 12 17:14:59 CST 2003

On Wed, Nov 12, 2003 at 02:29:22PM -0500, Todd Mitchell wrote:
[snip]

      >One concern then is that currently, the Inner Swamp is almost completely

      >disconnected from the Outer Swamp; I guess that's OK as long as I provide

      >a general access route to it?

      Why not leave some inner swamp islands disconnected and put nasty things

      on them - you can still get there by magic spell or portal on another

      map or secret ways or whatever.  I don't think any monster (?) is too

      nasty/big really so long as there is:

      A) some indication of the danger and

      B) a way to stop them from wandering off into other areas

      C) no generators that can get out of control

OK, so I'm leaving the army of tentacles on the Eastern Inner Swamp (not
sure about the serpmen, I think I'll relocate them), plus the nasty
spotted tentacles on the north in the zig-zaggy marsh.

      putting them on an island somewhere in the deep swamp is a good way to

      add some dangerous area for future adventure and keep control...

     [snip]

Right. Mmmm... I wonder where to put those giant leeches... :-P

What do you mean the Internet isn't filled with subliminal messages? What
about all those buttons marked "submit"??

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com