[CF-Devel] Large forest in big world.

crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com
Wed Nov 12 13:29:22 CST 2003

      Actually, the quest maps themselves don't have to be that big; it's just

      that I was using the geographical features created by the script. I can

      certainly move the quest into submaps and leave more room for other

      quests.

      One concern then is that currently, the Inner Swamp is almost completely

      disconnected from the Outer Swamp; I guess that's OK as long as I provide

      a general access route to it?

Why not leave some inner swamp islands disconnected and put nasty things
on them - you can still get there by magic spell or portal on another
map or secret ways or whatever.  I don't think any monster (?) is too
nasty/big really so long as there is:
A) some indication of the danger and
B) a way to stop them from wandering off into other areas
C) no generators that can get out of control

putting them on an island somewhere in the deep swamp is a good way to
add some dangerous area for future adventure and keep control...

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com