[CF-Devel] patch:Bargaining experience

crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com
Fri Nov 14 01:42:17 CST 2003

Bernd Edler wrote:

      On Mon, 10 Nov 2003, Mark Wedel wrote:

      Thus you say :

       5% constant cha bargain -> more exp  NOT ok.

       10% chance of 50% bargain -> more exp  IS ok.

      althogh the experience gained due to charisma is the same in both cases?

  Yeah, may not make a lot of sense.   But probably the bigger issue is that I'd
prefer for most skills to not be auto success, but instead have some chance of
success/failure - more so for the other benefits, like being able to tune
chances more (as per previous message about shop level or not).

      Anyway, this new patch does not grant exp from charisma.

      And it does no longer meddle with the player's stats.

      One get's 1 exp per silver saved buying,

      and 1 exp per gold gained selling.

  looks good.  Only thing I'd likely to do different is something like:
flag &= ~F_BARGAIN

  instead of
if (no_bargain) flag = flag - F_BARGAIN;

  but that is probably really just an issue of style.  Perhaps also because
depending on the quality of the compiler, my form should be a little faster, but
given this function, not a big deal.

  The expmul issue seems to be solved of cvs.

      Although i'd rather change the gained exp, than the level requirements.

      If someone wanted to use expmul, he now has to make sure, not to step

      over maxint64 for maxlevel.

      OTOH, this way,a different expmul is more transparent to the players.

  Well, if the person is member of a party, can still be obvious.

  The other adjustment in that case is that all the loss functions need to take
into account that difference.

  Eg, right now, if you chop 20% off, all works out ok.  However, if you only
give the player 80% (or whatever) of earned exp, and then chop of 20%, I think
that hurts harder, so you'd really only want to the death penalty to be 16%.
However, the numbers would hve to worked out, but it seems like that would be
the case.

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com