[CF-Devel] Large forest in big world.

crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com
Mon Nov 24 03:33:52 CST 2003

On Tue, 18 Nov 2003 11:46 am, David Seikel wrote:

      I have read all the mail about the pros and cons of moving part of the Dark

      Forest into the big world.  Currently I have just moved the entrance to the

      other side of the road, and made the surrounding flora thicker to match the

      place it came from.  Oh, and changed the wording of the quest in Scorn to

      match it's new location.  I won't commit these changes just yet, but I will

      seriously consider these suggestions and maybe implement some of them, then

      commit.  With the Dark Forest on the other side of the road, it might make

      sense to expand some of it into the big world.  I was gonna populate some

      of the large forest with some of the critters from the Dark Forest first

      level anyway.

The above changes have been committed.  (Yeah, SF works again!)  I also added
a bat generator and death tree to the area surrounding the entrance to the
Dark Forest, with some ordinary trees to disguise their presence.  They don't
move about at all, and never attacked me, but i have my suspicions that there
is something broken about the monster moving code.  I have not fenced them
in, since they don't seem to move.  Let me know if this is a problem, and I
will fence them into the area with the trees.

I am slightly worried that the death tree is level 13.  However, there is only
one of them and the Dark Forest is full of them, so it can act as a warning.

Yes, I remembered to change the exit from the Dark Forest to match it's new
location.

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com