[CF-Devel] Large forest in big world.

crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com
Tue Nov 25 00:09:55 CST 2003

David Seikel wrote:

      The above changes have been committed.  (Yeah, SF works again!)  I also added

      a bat generator and death tree to the area surrounding the entrance to the

      Dark Forest, with some ordinary trees to disguise their presence.  They don't

      move about at all, and never attacked me, but i have my suspicions that there

      is something broken about the monster moving code.  I have not fenced them

      in, since they don't seem to move.  Let me know if this is a problem, and I

      will fence them into the area with the trees.

  Please remove the bat generator.

  There should be _no_ generators on the world map.

  The danger here is that the world tile in question is loaded, but no one
really near by, and so those generators spawn potentially hundreds of monsters
(or enough to at least by annoying).

  Note that death trees normally don't move about much as it.  But as someone
else mentioned, it could be darkness code, or even blocked forest spaces.

      I am slightly worried that the death tree is level 13.  However, there is only

      one of them and the Dark Forest is full of them, so it can act as a warning.

  And on the bright side, they don't move very fast either.

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com