[CF-Devel] Forgotten child

Fri Oct 3 02:46:19 CDT 2003

       Add to that, also include fixing bugs in what most developers are not

      doing.

<snip>

       Yes, this is a problem.  I've considers locking CVS access so that only

      I can commit changes to the server.

Hum, I didn't follow all commits to CVS, but it seems to me most of
major changes are at least announced on the mailing list, and patches
sent for testing. Am I wrong here?
Also features are discussed here, on #crossfire, on the message board.

       I'm particularly annoyed about this because I'm basically the only one

      that goes and fixes the bug, so when people check in questionable code,

      it comes to me to fix it.

The root problem here is the questionable code check in, no?

       One solution could perhaps be something like 'want to put a new feature

      in? Need to fix one of the outstanding bugs' or soemthing.  But I'd hate

      to have to enforce such a notion.

I'd suggest more something like 'you commit code, fine, it breaks the
game, YOU fix it'.

       I'd also like to see more maps.  I don't know why more people aren't

      making them - that seems like one of the more noticable features that

      players would notice, eg, most everyone would see your maps.  Good maps

      probably get more acclaim than most any code feature.

One thing for making maps is testing. That's why some people wanted a
server for Win32, to test their maps.
Though it seems to me that most people are either players or developers,
thus not making many maps, but more playing or contributing to the code ^_^

Nicolas 'Ryo'

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com