[CF-Devel] Forgotten child

Fri Oct 3 03:07:49 CDT 2003

      Very funny, I like this attitude to show peepo some completely useless URL

      info instead of giving a proper answer. Is it that hard, or what? I _do_

      know the URL of the metalforge wep page... I just didn't want to spend

      hours to find out this info... I simply play on that server, and I'm not a

      cf maniac that reads every related info on every accessible wep-page.

Sorry, I don't consider this useless. I didn't paste text from
messageboard because I think it's interesting to read whole threads, not
extract quotes from their context.
Also, if there is a thread in the forum, I seems to me it's more polite
to reply there than on the mailing list, on the basis that the posters
of the thread obviously read the forum, but we don't know for the
mailing list.

      Many people don't have troubles? Do you play there? Well, I do as well,

      and I know that _most_ of the peepo _do_ have troubles, I don't even know

      anyone who doesn't.

I do play there, and yes I know people who have troubles. But I also
know people who don't. I'd grossestimate 50% people I know have
troubles, 50% don't.

      Maybe the Windows client works properly _for_you_ (I dunno who cares that)

      but many peepo use cfclient (which one crashes or shows buildings messy)

      and gcfclient 1.5.0 (which cannot show large buildings properly, and this

      _is_ annoying.

This is known, and I think people are working to fix that.

      More a client issue, eh? Well then why is it so, that connecting to other

      servers yield no problems...?

Because other servers aren't updated to bigimage system?

I refer you to the following thread of the messageboard, which discusses
Metalforge's update:

     http://www.metalforge.net/cfmb/viewtopic.php?t=153

You can also check that mail archive:

     http://archives.real-time.com/pipermail/crossfire-devel/2000-January/005078.html

(date seems odd, but it seems it's from after the Metalforge update)

Nicolas 'Ryo'

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com