[CF-Devel] Forgotten child

Thu Oct 2 17:50:37 CDT 2003

On Thu, 2 Oct 2003, Nicolas Weeger wrote:

      > I'd like to ask some questions, for I really want to see clear:

      > -Should we expect a fix of metalforge server (fix means correcting things

      > with the clients, fixing xp-lvl bugs...) in the next few weeks...? Or

      > months? Or will it be as it is currently until it's wiped out and the new

      > server starts (with the new skill system)?

      First, you should check the CF message board, this has been discussed a lot

      already there.

      URL is crossfire.metalforge.net

Very funny, I like this attitude to show peepo some completely useless URL
info instead of giving a proper answer. Is it that hard, or what? I _do_
know the URL of the metalforge wep page... I just didn't want to spend
hours to find out this info... I simply play on that server, and I'm not a
cf maniac that reads every related info on every accessible wep-page.

      Also, many people don't have troubles... I'm playing on Metalforge, and it's

Many people don't have troubles? Do you play there? Well, I do as well,
and I know that _most_ of the peepo _do_ have troubles, I don't even know
anyone who doesn't.

      fine for me. Using GTK client under Windows, only trouble is image cache, and

      it's easily fixed.

Maybe the Windows client works properly _for_you_ (I dunno who cares that)
but many peepo use cfclient (which one crashes or shows buildings messy)
and gcfclient 1.5.0 (which cannot show large buildings properly, and this
_is_ annoying.

      Yes many people have troubles, but it's more a client issue than a server one imo.

More a client issue, eh? Well then why is it so, that connecting to other
servers yield no problems...?

      > -Will there be an opportunity to carry on our current characters on the

      > new skill system-based server? (As I mentioned an idea which I don't

      > know if it's a real possibility.)

      I think there is currently no conversion script from 'old' skills system to new one.

      The high level xp trouble I think some admins fixed manually for players, but I

      may be wrong here.

Fixed, and went wrong again.

      Nicolas 'Ryo'

      crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com