[CF-Devel] Suggestion for new skills

Thu Oct 9 01:36:28 CDT 2003

       Also, as I played it, I find that being somewhat limited to spell types

      means that things like wands and rods looked interesting again.  When as

      a spell caster I had every attacktype available, I'd pretty much never

      touch those items (why use them if I have spells). And IMO, having

      people use wands/rods again certainly isn't a bad thing.

Except the negative point about rods/wands is that (afaik) they don't give kill
exp.... So people will maybe use'em for creating food, healing, but certainly
not to kill bad ass monsters...
Would be really bad if a player could easily trash all monsters till the big
boss he has to kill without getting any exp because it's immune to spells the
player knows, thus requires the use of a rod...

Nicolas 'Ryo'

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com