[CF-Devel] Suggestion for new skills

Thu Oct 9 01:54:26 CDT 2003

Nicolas Weeger wrote:

       Also, as I played it, I find that being somewhat limited to spell

      types means that things like wands and rods looked interesting again.

      When as a spell caster I had every attacktype available, I'd pretty

      much never touch those items (why use them if I have spells). And IMO,

      having people use wands/rods again certainly isn't a bad thing.

      Except the negative point about rods/wands is that (afaik) they don't

      give kill exp.... So people will maybe use'em for creating food,

      healing, but certainly not to kill bad ass monsters...

      Would be really bad if a player could easily trash all monsters till the

      big boss he has to kill without getting any exp because it's immune to

      spells the player knows, thus requires the use of a rod...

  Not true in the new skill system - you should once again get exp for using
rods and wands to kill something.

  Now the skill it goes into is 'use magic device', which as of now, is
basically pointless (there is no chance of failure with that skill for example).
  But it also does add to your overall exp level.

  So its probably not as useful as killing them with a spell you know, but not
as useless as it once was.

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com