onefang bug fixes Was: [CF-Devel] Forgotten child

Wed Oct 15 01:40:16 CDT 2003

 --- Mark Wedel <

     mwedel at sonic.net

      David Seikel wrote:

      > So what do we do now?  Do I download CVS and fix the patches, or will

      > you take care of it?

        If you could get new patches for things that are still broken, that

      would be great - I'm not sure what is 'missing' and what has been added.

      > My sourceforge account is onefang.

        Should have access now.

With any luck I can try it out tomorrow.

I'll grab the latest CVS, check it against all the bug fixes I currently
have, apply missing ones,  test, test again B-), and commit the next chance
I get.  Then I can fix up the already discussed problems in my Ice Castle
maps and commit them, confident that the bug fixes needed to get it all to
work are in place.

BTW, I wasn't too sure about one of the inv checker bug fixes I submitted.
(This is from memory, I am currently not at my own computer).  As far as I
can remember, inv checkers was a recomended way of stopping a particular
race (player race or monster race) from going someplace.  In particular, I
used them in the Ice Castle to limit ants to an "ant trail" between the ant
nest and the kitchen.  That didn't work, so I fixed inv_checker to get it
to work.  Basically, it now checks the arch of the container before
checking the arch of its contents.  Container in this case is an ant.  It
makes sense that if an inv checker is blocking ants, that it should not
make any difference if you are carrying an ant, or you are an ant, the ant
still gets blocked.  If I am wrong and there is some other approved way of
blocking particular critters from certain areas, please let me know.

I didn't mention this before as I left it as a judgement call for the
person applying the patch to CVS.  Now that person is me and I need to make
the call B-).

     http://search.yahoo.com.au

      - Yahoo! Search

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com