[CF-Devel] Common/loader.[lc] bug, player file corruption ahead

Wed Oct 15 03:57:54 CDT 2003

      1st the object_diff routine with the FAST_... macros in it was a solution to a

      speed problem. The server was spending to much time swapping map (even on my

      XP 2400+ I could see the little lag of server when running at full throttle

      through the bigworld as dm).

<snip>

Well, i guess that mistake wasn't too bad, since it was never reported
before...
I'm not even sure subtype is actually used somewhere ^.^;;;
I saw the problem when a DM pasted a dump of some of my skills / items /
abilities, but I'm not sure if that caused other troubles...

I don't mind the fixed length if that can speed up things.
Besides, there prolly aren't that many mistakes, considering no one ever
complained of troubles when saving :)

Nicolas 'Ryo'

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com