[CF-Devel] Wand prices (crossfire.metalforge.net)

Wed Oct 15 20:34:30 CDT 2003

How is pricing determined for wands and staves?

Number of charges?
Effective spell level? (in this case, 110)
Spell level that the wand/staff provides?
Some combination of all 3?

I was just wondering based on a few wands/staffs that were found in the
Wand Shop in Lake Country along with the prices for a character with a
Charisma 7.

wand of summon air elemental (lvl 110) (unpaid) will cost you 22
platinum coins, 1 gold coin and 9 silver coins.

staff of turn undead (lvl 93) (unpaid) will cost you 29 platinum
coins, 1 gold coin and 6 silver coins.

staff of show invisible (lvl 110) (unpaid) will cost you 110
platinum coins, 1 gold coin and 1 silver coin.

wand of small snowstorm (lvl 110) (unpaid) will cost you 90
platinum coins and 9 silver coins.

The Wand of Small Snowstorm had 22 charges (the others were purchased
before I could gather more information on them..)

Or, am I the only one who feels that wands with these kind of stats are
priced to low? ;)

- Rick Tanner

     leaf at real-time.com

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com