[CF-Devel] On teleportation

Wed Oct 22 06:29:12 CDT 2003

Hi!

On Wed, Oct 22, 2003 at 10:41:40 +0200, Nicolas Weeger wrote:

      >I believe it also tracks the moon phase, though I do not think it presently

      >uses it for anything.

      >One could make the reliability of the moon gates go up, as one neared the

      >full

      >moon. At a new moon, they would be fully unreliable.

      That would be fun.

      But we'd need another teleport system for when moon gates aren't reliable :)

      Maybe sun ones? <grin>

      Obviously different destinations, though.

      The reason is that (currently) navigation in bigworld sucks bad, and

      having gates that work even three quartesr of the time would still leave

      one quarter with no way to reach destinations easily.

Maybe we (the characters) need a better means of navigation, like a
sextant? This could be a device that, when applied, tells the estimated
position relative to Scorn centre.
Then the players could use a book to remember positions where they've
been before, e. g. where the entry to the dungeon was on the world map.
This would only be working in the world maps of course. And maybe only
if the weather is good enough to see the sky.

Bye
Jochen

--
Jochen Suckfuell  ---