[CF-Devel] On teleportation

Wed Oct 22 13:19:20 CDT 2003

On Wed October 22 2003 1:28 pm, Nicolas Weeger wrote:

      > OK  I couldn't resist submitting this idea.  Has anyone read the

      > "Chronicles of Amber"?

      <snip>

      Read the first volume only :)

      Your idea sounds fun. But high level players can almost already do that,

      with town portal / word of recall. One makes portal, word of recall's,

      makes 2nd portal, there you go :)

      But the idea of having rings & such is nice. One thing: the ring you give

      to someone should be non transferable, to avoid bad things :)

     What Kind of bad things?  For instance player killers stalking people.  Maybe
this kind of teleport should require both players actions.  For instance
player Foo applies player Bar's ring.  Player Bar is notified, and can see
players Foo's "Etherial hand".  By applying the hand, he pulls the player
through.  That way Bar gets to chose if he pulls the person through.  Also he
might be able to see the ring.  That way, he could pickup the ring, and
essentialy take the ring back from a person who stole it. Only when that
person tries to teleport to them.  This way a player could leave a ring som
for another person to get in touch with them.

      I'd sure love some way to sometimes go fast to certain places.

     That would be nice, but quick transportation should cost money.  High level
characters always have tons of money anyway.

      > Adam

      Nicolas 'Ryo'

      crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com