[CF-Devel] Base stats

Thu Oct 23 13:39:10 CDT 2003

On Wed, 22 Oct 2003, Palfy Tamas wrote:

      I thought I just mention this:

      I think it's weird that the higher your stat is, the greater bonuses it

      provides.

Weird, how?

Comparing someone with a Strength of 3 vs a Strength of 30 they both
should have the same damage bonus, weight/carrying capacity, et al.

Or, do you mean the bonuses obtained when improving an ability score is
too great. For instance the damage bonus for Str 29 is 10 while for Str 30
is 15.

      This may or may not be a good idea, it depends on the available

      equipment. I just think devs do _not_ think about this fact, while

      cerating a new item. In such cases (items created independently) it's

      not a good idea.

Can you provide an example of this?

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com