[CF-Devel] GTK client & Windows & GTK version

crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com
Sun Oct 26 01:48:57 CST 2003

       I imagine that is really an issue with the build tool or whatever.  The

      server has the same potential issue (common/player.c and

      server/player.c).  So apparantly it is possible to have it that way.

Actually I just checked how the server does it, I shouldn't have any issue
anymore (didn't think of a specific option, put intermediate files in different
directories).
So this should be all right :)

       Moving to gtk2 probably isn't a bad thing.  I'd expect it to be mostly

      backward compatbile however, so how many changes are we really talking

      about here?

I didn't change anything, that's the beauty of the port.
I had to tweak some Windows specific things on other parts (metaserver & such),
but GTK itself did not raise any single issue.
Only need to #define GTK_ENABLE_BROKEN so that GTK_TEXT works (command input
line, i think)

I'll either send some patches here, or commit directly (changes between
#if(n)def WIN32 / #endif, and i compiled under linux yesterday fine)

Nicolas 'Ryo'

      crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com