[CF-Devel] GTK client & Windows & GTK version

crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com
Sat Oct 25 22:39:05 CDT 2003

Nicolas Weeger wrote:

      Using Somebdy's code previous GTK version, i successfully built the GTK

      client under Windows.

      It requires only minor changes, which are be embedded in #ifdef WIN32 /

      #endif

      My main (small) issue is that image.c exists in both gtk/ and common/

      Windows doesn't really like that, so I was wondering how to fix: either

      we can move for instance gtk/image.c to gtk/gtkimage.c, or i can try to

      find a workaround (which wouldn't be very nice, but well)

  I imagine that is really an issue with the build tool or whatever.  The server
has the same potential issue (common/player.c and server/player.c).  So
apparantly it is possible to have it that way.

  However, if it is really a problem to have two files in different directories
of the same name, I suppose the one in gtk could be renamed.  I'm reluctant to
do such changes, because it just seems likely that there could be similar
problems in the future (if sdl client is put in there, and it has conflicting
names also...).  And prefixing everything in each directory with gtk_ or sdl_
seems sort of pointless when the directory itself is called gtk or sdl or whatever.

      Apart that, using GTK2 where the code is GTK1 doesn't seem to matter.

  Moving to gtk2 probably isn't a bad thing.  I'd expect it to be mostly
backward compatbile however, so how many changes are we really talking about here?

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com