[CF-Devel] Windows installer for server, bigworld & smallworld maps

crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com
Sun Oct 26 17:15:29 CST 2003

Nicolas Weeger wrote:

      Hello.

      Just made an installer for Windows server, and one for bigworld maps,

      one for small world maps.

      I uploaded'em to Geocities account.

      See this forum thread if you interested:

      http://www.metalforge.net/cfmb/viewtopic.php?p=1172#1172

      I was thinking: could I use SourceForge's 'files' section to let people

      grab those files? Anyone would object? If no, should I make a new file

      group, 'Windows'?

  You can.

  Does the installer sit with the maps, or something that is seperate?  Eg,
would you just download the installer, that also includes the maps, or would you
download the maps, and then download that installer to make life easier?

  If the former (installer with maps), there are two concerns I have:
1) It staying up to date on sourceforge (as new map releases are made, who will
continue to make new versions of that)
2) actual space for the data.  Probably more sourceforge's problem than ours,
but I don't know if they may have some policy on amount of space a project can use.

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com