[CF-Devel] Large forest in big world.

crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com
Thu Oct 30 17:47:16 CST 2003

On Fri, 31 Oct 2003 02:21 am, Todd Mitchell wrote:

      You did a nice graphic of the bigworld map before - can you easily run

      another?  I would like to see an updated picture with this forest, the

      ring mountains and the greening/ mountain changes I committed some time

      ago.

Your wish is my command B-).

If you check my entry in the crossfire DEVELOPERS file, I mention that I will
do "visualisations" which means I will work on some nice tools to create this
sort of graphics.  The one I am sending was created with my modified version
of combine.pl (then scaled down with GIMP).  One of the modifications is to
overlay a grid showing the map borders, I haven't sentthat version of the
piccy, but I wil if you ask.  Some of you may have seen my weather
visualisation code, very handy for debugging the weather code.

As for how easy it is, I was updating the picture while I was making my
changes, so that I could see the overall picture B-).  For you I just needed
to take the image I created at the time and scale it down.