[CF-Devel] Large forest in big world.

crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com
Fri Oct 31 02:06:31 CST 2003

David Seikel wrote:

      Do we have a method for parts of the big world to be more or less allocated to

      map developers?  For instance, the guy that added the ring mountain would

      probably get upset if someone added an easy route through them.  I would like

      to grab the north end of the large forest, south of the road from Scorn to

      Navar, and develop it further.  The south end is for those that mentioned

      they would like to develop things in a large forest.

  Only real method is to post what your intention is and see if anyone screams.

  Having someone own a portion of the map is problematic - hard to know if they
are still active, etc.  and plus as a collaborative effort, someone owning some
piece isn't really right.

  That said, people that make maps tend to own them for as long as they are
active.  But even with that, you sometimes see people making minor bugfixes to
others map.

  But this is why sending out a mail is the best method - if the developer is
still around, they'll ask questions and whatnot.  If no one responds in a
respectable amount of time (1 week?) figure no one is working on it and thus no
one would complain.

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com