[CF-Devel] client code

Fri Sep 12 23:03:52 CDT 2003

Preston Crow wrote:

     In common/client.h, the Player_Struct has several unused fields: name,

     password, and shoottype.

      Removing those seems to cause problems.  Are we essentially doing a memcopy

      from the server into that struct, or is there some other reason for removal

      of those unused fields to cause problems?

  Can you be more specific on 'cause problems'?  I can't see any reason for
those fields to be accessed indirectly.  Could be some buffer overflow issue
with input_text, and being that these fields are after that, they extra bytes
they provide mask the problem.

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com